Tweet

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

measuring the quality: is it really quality over quantity?

So this week has been about how to measure your 2.0 technologies and it got me thinking. Is it really important to measure them or just go with the idea that quality is better of quantity?

In all rationale, yes, it is important to measure your 2.0 technologies. There are a million different ways to do this but I use Google Analytics for this site (even though Blogger does have it's own analysis). From an archival stand point there is Archival Metrics.

On the other hand I also think that sometimes, you should just say screw it. Why? because if you don't stress about the measurement stuff then it becomes less like work and more fun. And I've found when you are having fun, posts for blogs, facebook, twiter, etc. are generally written better. You get into your subject matter. Don't get me wrong, I think it definitely is important to look at your numbers but as JD Lasica said in his post, don't go crazy thinking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment