Tweet

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

miscellaneous organziation

I'm very organized with my bookmarks... I have to been... have a ton of them... And I'm fastidious about backing them up (every 3 months) because I've lost them so many times... I've also used FireFoxes bookmark back up to store them.

I looked at the links provided and honestly? I wouldn't use any of them right now. I might use the ToDo List in the future if I had to share a project todo list but Windows 7 has a great little feature called StickyNote and I love it. I have several of them. I also like writting down my to do lists, especially in my planner because I get the satisfaction of crossing or checking them off when I'm done (or highlighting if it's a school assignment).

As for the clipping and saving.... I don't know that's just now how I surf the web. If I find a link I like I book markit then I will post it to my private journal (I have a post of links, tagged with just that: links and will post stuff there to remember it). I have bookmarked the LinCut as a possible backup... it looks intriguing.

I also think FireFox has some great tools of users making that work will. I haven't used any of them because a lot of ad ons slows down firefox for me but I highly recommend checking out their user created tools. I have several ones (not for bookmarking) that I love and I don't know what I'd do without. Probably my most favorite at least for school is Zotero. If you don't have this, you should. I don't know what I would have done without Zotero this last year and a half. Its such an great add on.

I have several friends who love Shareaholic (Another Firefox add on). I've never used it but those friends seem to really like it. Another Firefox add on that's being promoted right now by them is Web Clipper. I may try this one, but not at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment