Tweet

Monday, October 10, 2011

Miscellaneous organziation Part two!

This week we covered other miscellaneous organziational stuff via web 2.0. Professor Franks talked about several things in her lecture that I wanted to comment on:


  1.   I heard about the thing in Bozeman (as where I live, we get a lot of news out of Montant) and I think it's extremely wrong and frankly against the law to do that. You're not allowed to ask about age, race, religion, etc on applications. So why should they be allowed to see that sort of thing on social networking sites? It's one thing to ask just for the URLs but to ask for the passwords and log in information? absolutely ludicrious!
  2. Using Evite
    - In a group I belong to we, have virtual gift giving and we use elfster to draw names
  3. Online reporting and ethics
    They may be getting it quickly but it also lowers the quality of the "reporting" and the
    ethical standards should be held on to...
  4. "News Now!"
    I love my NookColor but I still will rather pick up a physical book if I can
  5. Music Industry
    people still "trade" music every single day...
  6. Pandora/streaming music/Music trade
    I love my Pandora... My brother got me into them when they were still a really really small group and I haven't looked back. But I also use my itunes (now that I have it back, whole drama there in and of itself) to play music. It's free and very little ads like Pandora, except I don't waste my Pandora hours

    Great music websites:
    Musicpedia
    Music Map
    Miscovery (Similar to pandora)
    I will still and am on planning on buying CDS. I have an artist who has a new album coming out soon and I plan on buying his CD. Most of my Cd purchases now are by small artists or artists who don't have a big name label behind them.
    Pandora has also shown me new artists who's music I've really enjoyed
Just Cause music was mentioned. One of the most awesome music experiments ever, Joshua Bell in a subway station:

No comments:

Post a Comment