Tweet

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Non Archival post!

So this week it was announced official (though there had been rumors of it before) that Hugh Jackman will be playing the role of Jean Valjean in the new Les Miserables movie. Most of the speculation before this announcement was that he would be playing Javert. Now I wouldn't have minded him playing Javert, but the fact that he's going to be singing "Bring him Home"? EPIC. Here is a video of him singing "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" from Oklahoma!:

Now it was also announced that Russell Crowe would be playing the part of Javart. This makes me extremely nervous. Yes he's in a band and has had some theatre training but Javart is a complicated and hard role! Not only in terms of acting but vocally as well. Check out one of the best Javart's, Philip Quast:

Rumors at this point surround the rest of the cast. It is likely that Lucy Hale will play Epoine and while I'm not a fan of her acting, her version of Fever is good:

My Dream cast, or what is left to be cast would be as follows:
Marius: Aaron Lazar (Screw that people think he's too old, I disagree and he's amazing):

Fatine: Anne Hathaway. She can sing!
She starts at 2:49
Cosette: Danielle Hope... She's a British singer who's currently starring in Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Wizard of Oz and I just absolutely love her singing. Normally, I have a harder time finding female singers I love but her voice is gorgeous!
Mdame Thénardier is being rumored as Helena Bonham Carter... Can't stand that women or her acting so no vids from her

As for the characters husband... This really should be an easy choice for the casting directors: Robin Williams. He's a comedic genius and he's shown he can both sing and play darker roles (which Thénardier needs to be in Sewers).

Anyway that's my dream cast for the rest of the movie... as long as they don't cast either Justin Beiber or a Jonas as Marius I'll be okay with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment