Tweet

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week one: website reviews

So we were given several websites to review and I chose three that I felt there really good websites:

Website: The Music Library Association
This website is really well done! There are many excellent resources here for those interested music libraries and/or those already working in them. One featre I really liked is that there is an employment section that has both jobs and itnernships (including one at Interlochen! Which for those of you who don't know is a popular and competitive arts camp).

Website: DRAM
This website is dedicated to recordings, cd quality sound, and liner notes for little known record labels (and a couple of well known artists like Duke Ellington). What I really enjoyed about this website is how their site is set up as well their graphics. It is very easy to navigate. For most people having an easy to navigate website is a huge welcome. Another thing I really like is how they've broken down the voice section.

Website: Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals
This website is new to me. It's a very well done website and kind of wish I could have had it last semester for one of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment